Monday, June 21, 2010

It was a dark and stormy morning...

I love Kansas storms. Well, I love them when they don't cause any damage to anything of too much importance. But they are so beautiful. I have some photos I want to post of the gorgeous view on our way to the concert I mentioned in my last post, but they're on my other camera. The sky was dark but the sun was shining through the clouds from behind us and illuminating the impossibly green grass along the side of the road. The colors were unbelievable. And then, the rainbow. I've never seen such a rainbow. I don't think I was able to get any good shots of it from the car, but I'll see what's there when I finally get around to uploading them.  I can't imagine any picture could do it justice.


This one I shot this with my iPhone on Saturday morning in downtown Lawrence:




Thankfully we made it inside just before the skies opened up (about 30 seconds after this shot was taken).


The concert last week was fantastic. It was a much-needed respite from the duties of  life-as-a-grown-up: lost myself in rapturous music (heightened by the energy of the sea of ecstatic fans),  held hands with my wife without consideration of what others might think, stayed out until an ungodly hour... it was just what I (and, I think, we) needed.


More of that, please.


Oh, and I promise to have new jewelry to share by the end of this week.  I've been waiting on some supplies. I'm lucky you're all more patient than I am.


xo


No comments:

Post a Comment