Monday, August 30, 2010

The toughest job of all...

Parenting.


Don't tell my kids, but I'm highly underqualified.


I spent the last few days in the hospital with this little heartbreaker:



She's had trouble with asthma ever since her bout (and 10 day god-awful hospitalization) with RSV at 3 months old. Well, she scared her mamas something awful on the weekend when her seemingly innocuous cold suddenly left her gasping for breath (quite literally). But some steroids and a little supplemental oxygen later, she's back at home and on the mend.


I don't think I've experienced anything quite as stressful as having my kids hospitalized.


I'd like to take a 10 hour nap now.


Instead, I'll be watching Alice breathe.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad she is fine and now you go get some rest... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are plenty qualified and sweet alice is lucky to have you two. so sorry you all had to endure that; i'm glad the little pumpkin is home and smiling again. i hope you'll get some time to rest up this week although that's probably unlikely, huh? hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete